Newsletter 1/20/12 | Bath / Brunswick

[image: Description: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 1/20/12*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Get wise!*

Our Midcoast Senior College *“Winter Wisdom” lecture
series*<http://midcoastseniorcollege.org/winter-wisdom-lecture-series>continues
on Wednesdays from 12:15 – 1:45 pm at the Curtis Memorial
Library, Brunswick. Upcoming talks include: *1/25*, “Boon Island: The
Untold Story of the Wreck of the Nottingham Galley” and *2/1, *“The
Development of the Modern Piano”. The free lectures are held weekly through
2/15 and are open to the public.

*Get CA$H*

Are you leaving money on the table? If you earned under $57,000 last year,
you can find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit and get
your taxes prepared for *free* through The Midcoast Creating Assets,
Savings & Hope (CA$H) Coalition. CA$H sessions are scheduled at University
College at Bath/Brunswick on *1/30, 2/6, & 2/27* from 2-4 pm. Sign-up
required. Many additional locations & dates available. FMI: *
www.cashmaine.org*.

*Get lucky*

Enter your name in the *Student
Association<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>2/1
* drawing to win a Coffee 101 gift certificate–check the lobby for details.
All students are invited to attend the Wednesday, *2/1* SA meeting at noon.
FMI: Lisa Whitney <[log in to unmask]>.

*Jumpstart your job search…*

…by attending the *Job Seekers
Workshop<http://womenworkandcommunity.org/?page_id=16&rec=1474>
* on Thursday, *2/2*, from 10 am to noon in Room 112. This is a no-cost
workshop open to men and women and is sponsored by the Maine Centers for
Women, Work and Community. FMI and required registration:

*Schedule a tutoring session*

Start your semester off right by meeting with a Math, Writing, Computer or
Biology tutor. The *spring tutor
schedule*<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/center-services/academic-support/#tutoring>has
been updated and we are pleased to welcome
*Laura Lienert *to our tutoring staff. Laura is tutoring Biology and
Anatomy and Physiology students.

*Schedule an exam*

Spring semester make-up times include Mondays at 11:00 am and Fridays at
2:30 pm. Call 442-7736 to schedule a make-up or online class exam. You must
be prepared to present photo identification for all make-up exams and
on-site exams for online courses.

*Apply for the Competitive Skills Scholarship Program (CSSP)*

The *Competitive Skills
Scholarship*<http://www.mainecareercenter.com/services-programs/training/cssp/index.shtml>helps
workers learn new skills and succeed in a changing economy. The
program is open to all income qualified Maine residents and pays for
education and training for high-wage jobs in demand in Maine. The
Competitive Skills Scholarship is open for applications from *2/1 through
2/15*.

*Renew now!!*

Be sure to* *renew your* FAFSA <http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/>* for the
2012-2013 financial aid year *before 2/15*.

*Learn budgeting skills!*

Attend a *Budgeting Basics
Workshop*<http://womenworkandcommunity.org/?page_id=16&rec=1475>on
Thursday,
*2/16*, from 10 am to noon in Room 112. This is a no-cost workshop open to
men and women and is sponsored by the Maine Centers for Women, Work and
Community. FMI and required registration: [log in to unmask]

*Apply for a UMA scholarship*

The *UMA General
Scholarship*<http://www.uma.edu/assets/docs/finaid/General_Scholarship_Application.pdf>deadline
is
*3/2*.

*Build leadership skills this summer*

The Maine New Leadership conference is a highly acclaimed residential
training program provides public leadership education for college women. It
will be held on the University of Maine at Orono campus from *6/1 to
6/6*and is designed to educate, empower and encourage participants to
take on
leadership roles. The application deadline is *3/16*. *Click
here<http://mcspolicycenter.umaine.edu/?q=NEWLeadership>
*for application materials and complete information. Scholarships are
available.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: Description: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image: Description:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Checkout our new YouTube
channel!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/20/checkout-youtube-channel/>
***

Hear from University College students and faculty. Checkout our new YouTube
channel! More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/20/checkout-youtube-channel/>

*Book Buyback <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/10/book-buyback/>***

A book buyback is scheduled for Wednesday, 1/25, & Thursday, 1/26, from 1
to 7 p.m. in the lobby.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/10/book-buyback/>

*Prepare for winter
weather!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/03/prepare-winter-weather/>
***

Storm cancellation information is available at 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329.
Select voice mailbox #8.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/03/prepare-winter-weather/>

*Collaborate! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/01/collaborate/>***

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student
initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration
spaces. More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/01/collaborate/>

*Spring 2012 UCBB
Hours<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/01/spring-2012-ucbb-hours/>
***

Our spring 2012 building hours are: Mondays, 7:45 am to 9:45 pm; Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday, 7:15 am to 9:45 pm; Friday, 7:45 am to 6:45 pm.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2012/01/01/spring-2012-ucbb-hours/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>