Newsletter 12/2/11 | Bath / Brunswick

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 12/2/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Give!

Celebrate the giving season by donating a gift to a local child through The Holiday Giving Tree (12/13), donating pet supplies to our animal friends in need, or contributing to the holiday food drive (12/16). All details and collection boxes are in the lobby. Thanks for your spirited generosity!

Register now!

Spring 2012 course registration is open for all seven UMS campuses. Degree and non-degree students are now eligible to register. If you have not already registered please register now. Call University College (442-7736) to schedule a meeting with Lisa Whitney, Student Service Coordinator or with Dennis Unger, Director.

Preview!

Get a sneak preview of two brand new spring course offerings on our YouTube Channel. Pat Clark talks about her course, HUS 328 Creative Development and Art for Young Children. Jim Seymour discusses DRA 151 Play Production which meets a fine arts performance requirement.

Check delayed viewing options

Delayed viewing policies for spring 2012 ITV courses are now listed on our website.

Create!

Congratulations to the UMA ART 100 Introduction to Studio Art students for their Student Art Exhibit in the lobby through 12/9. Thanks for sharing your work!

Connect

Join the Student Association meeting on Wednesday, 12/7 at noon, Room 120, to help the group brainstorm kick-off events for the spring semester. All students are welcome!

Encourage a friend…

Do you have a friend, family member or colleague who is interested in college but has not tried a course? The Osher Scholarship program is designed to fund a first college course as a means of allowing a Maine resident to test the waters. There are a limited number of Osher awards available for the spring 2012 semester. Preference is given to first-time students, and scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Get quick cash!

A book buyback is scheduled in the lobby on 12/13 through 12/15 from 11 am to 7 pm.

Catch the recent MLT and CIS info sessions!

If you missed the recent Laboratory Technology Program and Computer Information Systems academic and career information sessions they are now available online.

Prepare for a snow day

We announce storm cancellations with a variety of media. Check here for details.

Begin!

Spring semester classes begin on :1/9: UM, UMA, 1/17: UMF, UMFK, UMPI, USM, 1/18: UMM. Check here for a the spring 2012 academic calendar.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

Latest News & Events

Book Buyback

This semester’s book buyback is scheduled for Tuesday, December 13, through Thursday, December 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the center lobby. More

Catch the holiday spirit

Join the MCHE Student Association to brighten the holidays for local boys and girls in need. More

Register for spring courses!

Spring 2012 course registration on MaineStreet is open for degree and non-degree students. More

Collaborate!

Students can self-schedule study groups, joint projects and other student initiated meetings in our newly outfitted student collaboration spaces. More

Stay connected!

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps! More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.