Maine wins 5-2 for the weekend sweep of Vermont.  Although another shorthanded goal.   Anyone watch the UVM live feed?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 3, 2011, at 5:58 AM, Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Remember Peter Metcalf?  I think Joey wants to win as much as Peter did.  I think he's significantly adjusted from early in the season.  I'm not worried about that at all.  Maybe by the end of the season he will have learned how the referees call a different game at times such as late in the game, and maybe the referees will call a better game as we near post-season.  Anyway, I think one could make a case for Diamond being the team MVP so far this year ... and without those penalties there would be no doubt (in my mind).

Did you see Jimmy Howard Friday evening?  It was a 4-1 win of the Red Wings over Buffalo.  3-0 after the first period, the Red Wings were not stellar during the second.  Penalties and poor play led to Jimmy being left out to dry with the wash. Scoring in the second was 0-0.  Jimmy was incredible ... steady and incredible.

Likewise, Sullivan was steady and incredible during the third period of the Clarkson game ... maybe not earlier, but he held the fort in the third.  I think we have a good team that has a chance of being a solid playoff contender and maybe more.  There are signs from the upperclassmen and signs from a few freshmen.  Not to malign whoever does it now, but I wish we had Grant to settle the goalies and put the finishing touch on the defense.

Remember when Alfie Michaud needed a curse lifted?  The ceremony to do it apparently worked, as Alfie put on one of the best goalie exhibitions ever in the playoffs.  Maybe our goalies need a curse removed, but maybe they just need to settle down and do what they should already know they can do.

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. I don't remember what I just had for breakfast, so apologies if my stories don't jibe with reality. ;-)