Newsletter 4/22/11 | Bath / Brunswick

University College

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 4/22/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Registration for summer and fall courses is now open for all seven campuses listings. Please call 442-7736 to schedule an academic advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger. We have just posted the fall courses for educators list and the fall delayed viewing policies for ITV courses.

Art matters!

Congratulations to the ART 100 Introduction to Studio Art students on the excellent art show in the Midcoast Center for Higher Education lobby. The show features the work of: Jenny Davis, Suzanne Jones, Linda Williams, Leah Cook, Tracy Koehling, Audrey Murray, Jenny Davis, Shannon Potter, Patrick Kimball, Jennifer Keach, Jennifer Peavey, Mary-Ellen Pecci. Many thanks to UMA Art instructor, Brandon Lutterman and to the talented ART 100 students for organizing this exhibit. The work is on display through Tuesday 4/26. Check our Facebook page to see photos of the art work.

Earn quick cash

There will be a book buyback in the lobby on Wednesday, 5/11 and Thursday, 5/12 from 11 am to 7 pm.

Work or volunteer

If you accept a work-study award offer for summer or fall as part of your financial aid package please contact Arlene Smith to let her know that you are interested in exploring a work-study job at the center. If you do not have a work-study award you may apply for a volunteer student staff position.

Celebrate!

The student association will honor the graduating students at a dinner in Seguin Hall at the Kennebec Tavern in downtown Bath. The celebration is scheduled for Friday, 5/13, from 5 to 7 pm. We are pleased to announce that UMA faculty member, Tom Giordano will serve as the featured speaker. FMI, email Lisa Whitney.

Learn more about local career resources!

Check out this Times Record feature story/interview with Jenn Dobransky and Shelley Taylor of Women, Work and Community. If you are not familiar with Jenn and Shelley’s work this is a great introduction to the career services offered right in our building.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

ucbb wave logo

http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Work-study or volunteer!

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester we recruit a number of students who have been awarded work-study money or volunteers, who can earn a three More

Summer Courses for Educators

Register now for USM and UMF education courses on-site in Bath this summer. USM is offering 3 graduate courses. UMF is offering Science Education for Young Children. More

Stay connected!

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps! More

Get help completing your FAFSA!

A free financial aid workshop is scheduled on Tuesday, 5/3 and 17. More

Celebrating peace!

Greater Brunswick PeaceWorks presented its Peace Studies Scholarship to Suzanne Jones of West Boothbay, a UMA Liberal Studies student. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.