[image: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 4/22/11*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Register*

Registration for
*summer<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/course-schedule/>
* and *fall<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/courses-programs/fall-2011-courses/>
* courses is now open for all seven campuses listings. Please call 442-7736
to schedule an academic advising appointment with *Lisa Whitney* or *Dennis
Unger*. We have just posted the fall *courses for
educators<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2011/04/final-fall-2011-Courses-for-Educators.pdf>
*list and the fall *delayed viewing
policies<http://learn.maine.edu/delayed-viewing-policies/>
*for ITV courses.

*Art matters!*

Congratulations to the* *ART 100 *Introduction to Studio Art* students on
the excellent art show in the Midcoast Center for Higher Education lobby.
The show features the work of: *Jenny Davis, Suzanne Jones, Linda Williams,
Leah Cook, Tracy Koehling, Audrey Murray, Jenny Davis, Shannon Potter,
Patrick Kimball, Jennifer Keach, Jennifer Peavey, Mary-Ellen Pecci*. Many
thanks to UMA Art instructor, *Brandon Lutterman* and to the talented ART
100 students for organizing this exhibit. The work is on display through
Tuesday *4/26*. Check our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150167294428556.301289.95070528555>
*page to see photos of the art work.

*Earn quick cash*

There will be a *book buyback* in the lobby on Wednesday, *5/11* and
Thursday, *5/12* from 11 am to 7 pm.

*Work or volunteer*

If you accept a *work-study award* offer for summer or fall as part of your
financial aid package please contact *Arlene Smith <[log in to unmask]>* to
let her know that you are interested in exploring a work-study job at the
center. If you do not have a work-study award you may apply for a volunteer
student staff position.

*Celebrate!*

The *student association<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* will honor the *graduating students* at a dinner in Seguin Hall at the
Kennebec Tavern in downtown Bath. The celebration is scheduled for Friday, *
5/13*, from 5 to 7 pm. We are pleased to announce that UMA faculty member, *Tom
Giordano* will serve as the featured speaker. FMI, email *Lisa
Whitney<[log in to unmask]>
*.

*Learn more about local career resources!*

Check out this *Times Record feature
story/interview<http://www.timesrecord.com/articles/2011/04/20/features/doc4daf057d55bcf531847497.txt>
* with *Jenn Dobransky* and *Shelley Taylor* of *Women, Work and Community*.
If you are not familiar with Jenn and Shelley’s work this is a great
introduction to the career services offered right in our building.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Work-study or volunteer!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/18/work-or-volunteer/>
***

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester we recruit a
number of students who have been awarded work-study money or volunteers, who
can earn a three More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/18/work-or-volunteer/>

*Summer Courses for
Educators<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/11/summer-courses-educators/>
***

Register now for USM and UMF education courses on-site in Bath this summer.
USM is offering 3 graduate courses. UMF is offering Science Education for
Young Children.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/11/summer-courses-educators/>

*Stay connected! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/02/stay-connected/>***

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps!
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/04/02/stay-connected/>

*Get help completing your
FAFSA!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/03/01/get-help-completing-your-fafsa/>
***

A free financial aid workshop is scheduled on Tuesday, 5/3 and 17.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/03/01/get-help-completing-your-fafsa/>

*Celebrating peace!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/02/02/celebrating-peace/>
***

Greater Brunswick PeaceWorks presented its Peace Studies Scholarship to
Suzanne Jones of West Boothbay, a UMA Liberal Studies student.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2011/02/02/celebrating-peace/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>