Newsletter 3/18/11 | Bath / Brunswick

University College

Bath / Brunswick

Newsletter 3/18/11

Click here to view in a web browser

Enjoy your spring break!

Our business office and building hours have been modified for the week of 3/21. The business office will be open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. The building will be open from 8 am to 9:45 pm on Monday 3/21 and will be open from 8 am to 5 pm Tuesday through Friday.

Schedule an advising appointment

We have updated our summer and fall course listings. Please review the offerings and call our business office at 442-7736 to schedule an academic advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger. Summer and fall course registration for UMA degree students begins 4/4. Summer registration is already open at most UMS campuses. Advising appointments are available during the spring break.

Accept your financial aid award

UMA has rolled out the first round of financial aid awards. Be sure to check MaineStreet to see if you have an award. The award package is based on full-time enrollment for fall and spring. When you accept the award you will be prompted to indicate how many credits you are planning for fall and spring and summer. Adjustments to the award for part-time enrollment and for summer financial aid will then be made. Please note: UMA summer course registration requires either: full payment, 1st payment on a payment plan, a financial aid award, or a third party payment guarantee.

Accept your work-study offer

If you accept a work-study award offer for summer or fall as part of your financial aid package please contact Arlene Smith to let her know that you are interested in exploring a work-study job at the center.

Congratulations and thanks!

Thanks to the Student Association for organizing our 1st annual Chili Cookoff! Thanks to all of the folks who entered this delicious event. Congratulations to the winners Lisa Archer and Wendy Vrooman. A special thanks to the downtown Bath merchant, Now You’re Cooking for generously donating a gift certificate!

Enter to win!

The student association will have a drawing to give away 10 Coffee 101 gift certificates on 3/29 at the next student association meeting. Entry forms are available in the lobby.

Prepare your taxes for free

If you still have not filed your 2010 tax return here is a great opportunity. CA$H is offering a FREE Tax Day self-prep session in our computer lab on 3/30 at noon, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm. Sign-up in advance for one of the three times at our business office or email Dennis Unger.

Stretch your money!

Gain the skills and confidence you need to stretch your money, pay your bills, reduce your debt, find money for savings, & set personal financial goals. Financing Your Future, is a no cost workshop offered by Women, Work and Community on Fridays, 3/25 through 4/22, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. FMI or to pre-register email Shelley Taylor or call 386-1664.

Create your business plan!

Want to start your own business? Apply for Women, Work and Community’s New Ventures Business Planning Course. This no cost course meets Wednesdays, 3/30 through 6/15 from 9 am-2:30 pm. Topics include: customer, competition, marketing, record keeping, taxes, financing, & legal considerations. The required orientation session is: 3/23 from 9:30 to 11:30 am. FMI or to apply email Jenn Dobransky or call 386-1664.

Get the inside scoop on Mental Health and Human Services internships

Diane Carrick, UMA MHHS Internship Coordinator, will be conducting a MHHS Internship Information Session on Monday, 4/11 from 3 to 3:45 pm. Learn more about the internship expectations, course sequencing and assesment of prior learning. Please RSVP at the business office or call 442-7736or email Lisa Whitney.

Stay connected!

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our Facebook page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

ucbb wave logo

http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Get help completing your FAFSA!

A free financial aid workshop is scheduled on Tuesday, 3/22. More

Children’s Book Author Reading

Children’s book author Davene Fahy will do a reading on Tuesday, 3/29, at 4 pm in Room 112 at University College at Bath/Brunswick. The event is free and open More

Stay connected!

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps! More

Celebrating peace!

Greater Brunswick PeaceWorks presented its Peace Studies Scholarship to Suzanne Jones of West Boothbay, a UMA Liberal Studies student. More

AAUW Scholarship Program in Bath

The AAUW scholarship application deadline is March 30, 2011. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.