We have been upgrading the Joebox software over the last couple of weeks and
still have some left to do.  We have had a number of calls from sites that
are unable to send email from certain devices after the upgrade.  This is
due to a new SMTP restriction that requires the IP address of the sending
server to be noted in an exceptions list on the firewall.  This rule is
true, even if the site is not using the Joebox as the primary firewall for
their network.

This does not affect the receiving of email just sending.

If you have been having problems with copiers, powerschool or payroll
servers not being able to send email, all you should have to do is put the
IP address of that server in the exceptions list.   Services - Firewall -
Options.  The exception list box is obvious once you get to this page.

If you are running a primary firewall behind the Joebox, please do not put
the IP of that firewall in the exceptions box, as that will circumvent the
reason for this security retriction.

Sincerely,
Doretta S. Prior
Networkmaine Support Center Coordinator