Hi
Just read this post about assigning keyboarding for homework. I know this discussion has come up before but I am still conflicted. I am required to teach keyboarding (although that may change somewhat next year). I think it is a waste of class time but on the other hand, when third graders have to type ONE sentence it is painful. The classroom teachers get very frustrated at the time it takes for them to write a simple poem. I am advocating for starting on the computer so they are not writing it twice but they are reticent because of the time it takes. Also, the writing doesn't flow because they are searching for the letters on the keyboard. What about assigning it for homework? Not that I believe that all would do it but the ones that would could benefit? Are we going away from traditional keyboards?
Anne
--
Anne Macdonald
Falmouth Middle School