Thanks for the link, Nadene.

Like Nadene, I try to provide ways for primary grades to practice key location, make it more a game than a chore. TuxTyping (free) is what we use on MacBooks. I've put together a page for older students with a variety of types of typing links, from easier to harder (and I will be adding Nadene's): http://www.buker.richmond.k12.me.us/typing.htm

Cheers,
Betsey Noble

IT Support Tech
Marcia Buker School
28 High St, Richmond, ME 04357
207-737-4748, x2535

ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]> writes:
i think it would a lot more interesting to use the keyboarding game sites
than to sit and type letters over and over. here's a site my first graders
love:  http://www.bigbrownbear.co.uk/keyboard/index.htm

i do agree that everyone needs to learn to keyboard well. if we start in
the primary grades it helps with letter recognition and alphabet skills
too.

nadene mathes
first grade
atwood primary
207-465-3411
our moodle: http://portal.rsu18.org/ga/
our blog: http://classroomfamily105.blogspot.com/

knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to
put it in a fruit salad.