Hi Laura,

I am certainly not an expert at either one, but I was just using Google Maps yesterday and I loved how you could drag the person onto the map and then rotate the person to get a 360ยบ street level view. It seems I have read some where you can export a Google Map to Google Earth.

I do know that for some Google Lit trips you might want to cross oceans and large expanses of land which I think would be better accomplished in Google Earth instead of Google Maps.

If this helps I found a slideshow about Google Maps and Google Earth.

I think each has qualities that are helpful but in the end it might depend mostly on the lit trip you are designing whether you use Google Earth or Google Maps

Lisa

"The best way to mitigate the Internet safety risks that our children face is to combine several strategies. The four primary tools at our disposal are education, technology development, social norms, and the law."

John Palfrey, Born Digital , page 98.