Rockland Newsletter

University College

Rockland

Newsletter – January 10

College Goal Sunday at URock

The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) will host College Goal Sunday at URock on Sunday, January 30th at 2:00PM. This is a great way to walk through the FAFSA form for 2011 -2012 and qualify for the most aid. Bring your 2010 taxes, or estimate. Click here for more information.

Add – Drop Period

Please pay special attention to add-drop policies as they have financial repercussions!

UMA:

Withdrawal/Drop on or before………….01/24/11……………100%

Withdrawal on or before………………….02/13/11……………..50%

Withdrawal on or before………………….03/06/11…………….25%

Withdrawal on or after…………………….03/07/11……………….0%

Multi-Campus Students: Tuition, fees and other educational costs are approved annually for each of the seven campuses of the University of Maine System by the Board of Trustees. UMA students enrolled in classes hosted by other University of Maine campuses should consult that campus for information pertaining to billing and refund policies, amounts, and dates. URock staff can help you to access those policies.

New Test Taking Policy – Bring an ID!

URock will be checking ID’s for those taking make-up tests during our proctored test times on Tuesdays at 8:00AM and Fridays at 4:00PM.

URock Goes Bowling!

The Student Association will sponsor a URock Bowling Party on Friday, January 21 from 6:00 – 8:00PM at Oakland Park Lanes on Route 1 in Rockport. The event and shoe rental are free to UMA students and their guests but the limit is 45 so please sign up in the URock front office. Bring money for snacks, air hockey, video games, etc. because that is extra.

Mental Health Counseling Available Spring Term

Richard Chalmers, a graduate student in mental health counseling at USM will begin a one semester internship which includes offering individual counseling to members of the URock community. This service is free of charge. If you need support with adjusting to school, depression, anxiety, problems in relationships or would just like someone to talk to, please contact either Bev or Deb for a referral.

Snow Cancellations!

It’s the time of year when we need to worry about storms and school closings. If we need to make any cancellations, there are many ways for you to get the news. The URock web site will always have the most up to date information. You can also call the office answering machine at 596-6906, check Village Soup online or TV channels 6, 8 and 13. We try to make decisions two hours before class start times. If the cancellation is during the day, please try to get your information online or through TV channels rather than call the URock office. Our phone lines get jammed up fast and cancellations are a frantic time in the office.

Maine NEW Leadership Summer Conference

Maine NEW Leadership is a six-day, residential training program, offered at no charge each June to undergraduate college women. Established in response to the reality that women are significantly under-represented in legislatures, both nationally and in Maine, NEW Leadership encourages and teaches women how to become effective leaders. Research suggests that women are less likely than men to consider themselves qualified to run for office or to be encouraged to run for office. Maine NEW Leadership provides role models and mentors who are having a positive impact on women’s political interest.

This year’s conference will be held June 2 – 7 at the University of Maine at Orono. For more information and application materials, see Bev or Deb at URock.

URock Will be Closed for Martin Luther King Day

There will be no classes and no office hours at URock on Monday, January 17th.

http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

3-D Design In the Spring Term

URock welcomes Brandon Lutterman, prominent mid-coast artist and renowned teacher at Bowdoin College’s Craft Center, to our spring semester. Lutterman will teach 3-D Design on Fridays from 9:00AM – More

Join UROCK in the Lip Dub Craze!

What is a Lip Dub? Definitions of Lip dub on the Web: A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip synching and audio dubbing to make More

© University College. All rights reserved.
91 Camden Street | Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6906 | Fax: (207) 594-2938

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.