It is with great sadness that I inform you that Joshua Bowen, a student at
University College at Rockland, died last night. As a UMA degree candidate
in the BA in Liberal Studies with a minor in elementary education, Josh was
a well liked student and involved in UMA’s Honors Program in Rockland.  His
mother, Monica Bowen, is also a student at URock as well as his niece, Sara
Allender.  The family was present last night when Joshua became ill during a
biology class in Rockland and was transported to Penobscot Bay Medical
Center.  Our community mourns the loss of Josh’s gentle and kind spirit.
 We expect to be able to share more details regarding a memorial service in
the coming days.

Deborah Meehan

Director, University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Suite #402

Rockland, Maine 04841

207-596-6906 or 800-286-1594

www.learn.maine.edu/rockland