January 14, 2010

MEGUG’s Winter Meeting – GIS for Utilitiesis only 1 week away!  This meeting will be held in Gardiner at the EJ Prescott Facility on Friday, January 21st, 2011. The registration page for this event has been posted to our website on the Events page along with the agenda for this meeting.

We are also pleased to announce a Roundtable Meeting that will be hosted by Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG).  This topic for this meeting is “Maine GeoParcels – The Way Life Should Be” and will be held on Wednesday, January 26th from 10am to 1pm.  The vision of GeoParcels is a statewide parcel GIS composite, a web-based viewer tool, a parcel maintenance process and links to deeds & assessor data.  The registration page for this event has also been posted to our website on the Events page.

Soon after this meeting will be the Municipal Technology Conference at the Bangor Civic Center on Thursday, March 3rd which is co-sponsored by MEGUG.  This meeting is focused around municipal applications of GIS and the preliminary agenda has been posted on the Maine Municipal Association website.

Aimee Dubois

GIS Coordinator for the Town of Scarborough

Chair, Maine GIS User Group
Municipal Rep, Maine GeoLibrary
Office Hours: 7am-3:30pm
Office #: 207-730-4407

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: