Happy Thanksgiving….

A couple of things I want to mention:

1.        Checkout the video on our website and let us know what you think.

http://learn.maine.edu/ellsworth/2010/11/17/does-the-institution-we-call-education-need-to-change/

2.       Are you registered?  You need to do that ASAP.

3.       We’re offering some interesting courses at the center this spring,
including:

*ART 109 Photographic Vision and Digital Discovery*

Utilizing the digital camera and related computer imaging software, students
will learn the basics of photographic technique and explore how to visualize
the 3-dimensional world as a 2-dimensionalphotographic image.

*SCI 210 Introduction to Marine Sciences*

This course examines the processes that connect the physical, chemical,
biological, and geological aspects of the oceans. Emphasis will be placed on
the importance of the ocean and marine ecosystems to the health of the
planet.

*DRA 280 Introduction to Films*

Provides students with a critical framework for interpreting films and
demonstrates how film makers have treated various themes.

Please remember that onsite courses provide an opportunity for you to
develop a face-to-face, learning community with your peers and faculty.

4.       Save the date: Dec. 10. Holiday Party at the Maine Grind in
Ellsworth, 5:30 PM -8:00 PM

5.       And finally: Happy Thanksgiving. Relax and get prepared for the
busy final exam period.

Bonnie Sparks, Director
Hancock Cnty Higher Ed. Center

248 State St. Suite 1