Things are happening at the center and locally.  Here is an update!

1.     Don’t forget!  Registration for UMA & EMCC degree students begins Monday, November 8.  If you know someone who wants to register for a course but isn’t in a degree program,  they can register with UMA beginning November 10 and EMCC beginning December 6.

2.    The Center will be closed on Thursday November 11th in observance of Veteran’s Day, and we will be closed November 25 & 26, for Thanksgiving.

3.    On Wednesday, November 17, from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, we are hosting a Veterans Resource Fair and the Mobile Vet Center Van.  Active military personnel, veterans and their family members are welcome to visit the Van to explore local college options, and meet with Lenny Richards, Readjustment Counseling Technician from the Department of Veterans Affairs who can assist veterans with their concerns.  Amy Line, Project Coordinator of Military Achievement Project at UMA, will also be here to meet with vets about college.

4.    There is a three boxes in the lobby for donations:

 One box is for deployed Maine National Guard soldiers, the items that we have been told they need most are:

Foot Powder
Wet Ones (moist wipes)
Toilet paper (the 'good stuff')
Travel games
Snacks (candy/jerky/gum)
Unscented Lotion
Eye Drops
Hot Sauce. And/or Mrs. Dash

Another box is in the lobby for food donations for the Emmaus Center.  With the holidays coming, many people are in need.  Items needed (nonperishable, please):

Stuffing Mix
Gravy Mix and/or Jars of Gravy
Canned vegetables, (corn, peas, green beans, etc.)
Canned sliced potatoes or Boxed instant potatoes
Olives and Nuts
Apple and/or cranberry sauce

The third box is for ‘winter wear’ that your family may have outgrown or wish to donate.  We ask that the donations be new or like-new, with no broken zippers or missing buttons.

http://www.grandonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cubano_cal.jpg5. Primo Cubano, Maine’s own salsa band, will be playing at The Grand,
on Friday, November 19, beginning at 7:30 pm.

Ann has free tickets for students.

And …  stay tuned for more great happenings next month.