Bring a Guest to College at URock

From November 1 – 5, we invite you to bring a guest (who might be a prospective student) to URock to experience your classes and the URock environment. We see this as a great way to help prospective students get to know this place. Guests will be asked to sign in at the front desk.

Join the Lip Dub!

URockers is making a lip dub! A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip synching and audio dubbing to make a music video. We’ve got the talent and the music. If you are interested in participating, contact Ashley Bickford and let her know you want to be a part! You can also sign up on the URock Facebook page. Join the fun!

Join the URock Writer’s Club

URock student Joshua Wallace is organizing a Writer’s Club. The first meeting will be held Monday, November 1, at 7:00PM in room #402 (art room). The Writer’s Club is open to any student for the purpose of helping by reading others’ works and sharing feedback. All genres of writing are welcome. Contact Joshua or show up for the first meeting.

The Knox County Humane Society Needs Volunteers

On October 15th staff from the Knox Humane Society visited to outline some of the help they need from volunteers. Their list is long and varied. If you love to work around animals, this could be very rewarding for you. Please contact Joan Vargas, Volunteer Coordinator at the Humane Society for more info.

Jensen’s Pharmacy is Open at Breakwater

Jensen’s Pharmacy, a new Rockland business, is open on the 1st floor of Breakwater. They have good coffee, muffins and scones, and flu shots, too.

Spring Registration is Getting Close

Registration for the spring term opens soon. UMA degree candidates may register on November 8th. Open registration begins November 10. You can build your wish list in Maine Street now! Check here for all campus registration dates. And, check here for a preview of the spring schedule at URock.

Job Notices – Check the Bulletin Board

URock is often contacted by local employers looking to hire. Sometimes it is a strain on a business to conduct a wide scale employee search and so they look to the university as a reliable source of capable, talented employees. If you are job hunting, be sure to check the bulletin board outside of Beverly’s office for postings. We hang notices the minute we get them.

Student Discount Cards

Please pick up your laminated student discount card in the front office. See here for a list of businesses offering discounts.

http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Info Session on the Honors Program – Oct 29th

At noon on Friday, October 29, Professor Jonathan Schlenker will visit URock for an information session about what it means to be an Honors student.  The Honors Program at More

“Going the Distance” Blog

Colleen is a wife, a mom, a bookkeeper, a gardener, a non-traditional college student, and now a blogger. She lives on Vinalhaven and is completing More

Smoking Cessation – Tues Nov 2 at noon

Take advantage of free, informative workshops on important health topics on Tuesdays this fall term. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
91 Camden Street | Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6906 | Fax: (207) 594-2938

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.