*Bring a Guest to College at URock*

From November 1 – 5, we invite you to bring a guest (who might be a
prospective student) to URock to experience your classes and the URock
environment. We see this as a great way to help prospective students get to
know this place. Guests will be asked to sign in at the front desk.

*Join the Lip Dub!*

URockers is making a lip dub! A *lip dub* is a type of video that combines lip
synching <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_synch> and audio
dubbing<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubbing_%28music%29>to make a
music
video <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_video>. We’ve got the talent and
the music. If you are interested in participating, contact Ashley
Bickford<[log in to unmask]>and let her know you want to be a
part! You can also sign up on the URock
Facebook page. Join the fun!

*Join the URock Writer’s Club*

URock student Joshua Wallace is organizing a Writer’s Club. The first
meeting will be held Monday, November 1, at 7:00PM in room #402 (art room).
The Writer’s Club is open to any student for the purpose of helping by
reading others’ works and sharing feedback. All genres of writing are
welcome. Contact Joshua <[log in to unmask]> or show up for the
first meeting.

*The Knox County Humane Society Needs Volunteers*

On October 15th staff from the Knox Humane Society visited to outline some
of the help they need from volunteers. Their list is long and varied. If you
love to work around animals, this could be very rewarding for you. Please
contact Joan Vargas <[log in to unmask]>, Volunteer Coordinator at
the Humane Society for more info.

*Jensen’s Pharmacy is Open at Breakwater*

Jensen’s Pharmacy, a new Rockland business, is open on the 1st floor of
Breakwater. They have good coffee, muffins and scones, and flu shots, too.

*Spring Registration is Getting Close*

Registration for the spring term opens soon. UMA degree candidates may
register on November 8th. Open registration begins November 10. You can
build your wish list in Maine Street now! Check
here<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/highlights/registration-for-spring-2011-is-just-around-the-corner/>for
all campus registration dates. And, check
here<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/files/2010/07/Spring-2011-UROCK-Early-In-House-Guide-1018101.pdf>for
a preview of the spring schedule at URock.

*Job Notices – Check the Bulletin Board*

URock is often contacted by local employers looking to hire. Sometimes it is
a strain on a business to conduct a wide scale employee search and so they
look to the university as a reliable source of capable, talented employees.
If you are job hunting, be sure to check the bulletin board outside of
Beverly’s office for postings. We hang notices the minute we get them.

*Student Discount Cards*

Please pick up your laminated student discount card in the front office. See
here for a list of businesses offering discounts.
<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/files/2010/07/Student-Discounts-8-181.pdf>

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Info Session on the Honors Program – Oct
29th<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/info-session-on-the-honors-program-oct-29th/>
***

At noon on Friday, October 29, Professor Jonathan Schlenker will visit URock
for an information session about what it means to be an Honors student.Â
The Honors Program at
More<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/info-session-on-the-honors-program-oct-29th/>

*“Going the Distance”
Blog<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/blog-about-distance-ed-in-maine/>
***

Colleen is a wife, a mom, a bookkeeper, a gardener, a non-traditional
college student, and now a blogger. She lives on Vinalhaven and is
completing More<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/blog-about-distance-ed-in-maine/>

*Smoking Cessation – Tues Nov 2 at
noon<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/urock-your-health-events/>
***

Take advantage of free, informative workshops on important health topics on
Tuesdays this fall term.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news/urock-your-health-events/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
91 Camden Street | Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6906 | Fax: (207) 594-2938

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/news-events/newsletters/>