Rockland Newsletter

University College

Rockland

Newsletter – October 27

Calling All Lip Dubbers on Thursday at Noon!

There will be an informational meeting tomorrow, Thursday the 28th, at 12 noon in room 414. We will be cover the basics about what a lip dub actually is and what the goal of this particular lip dub is. We will also be handing out lyric sheets and taking volunteers for lead lip syncers (maybe we’ll even watch a few lip dub examples!). Attendance is not necessary, but if you know you will not be able to make the meeting but still want to participate, please email Ashley Bickford and she will send you a lyrics sheet. If you are attending and can rope a few of your friends into going who may not have signed up, that would be absolutely splendid! The more is really the merrier.

Bring a Guest to College at URock

From November 1 – 5, we invite you to bring a guest (who might be a prospective student) to URock to experience your classes and the URock environment. We see this as a great way to help prospective students get to know this place. Guests will be asked to sign in at the front desk.

Panel of Local Entrepreneurs on Nov. 4th at Noon

Come meet 3 local small business owners and learn how they got to where they are. Jennifer Moore Temple of Buzzie Bee Diapers in Rockland & Clean Bee Laundry in Camden, Clara Gardner of Harbor Hounds in Rockland, and Cyndi Prince of Wooly Rounds in Camden will tell their stories and share the challenges and joys of being their own boss. For more information, or to pre-register, please contact
Jenn Dobransky at 596 2616 or [log in to unmask]

Join the URock Writer’s Club

URock student Joshua Wallace is organizing a Writer’s Club. The first meeting will be held Monday, November 1, at 7:00PM in room #402 (art room). The Writer’s Club is open to any student for the purpose of helping by reading others’ works and sharing feedback. All genres of writing are welcome. Contact Joshua or show up for the first meeting.

The Knox County Humane Society Needs Volunteers

On October 15th staff from the Knox Humane Society visited to outline some of the help they need from volunteers. Their list is long and varied. If you love to work around animals, this could be very rewarding for you. Please contact Joan Vargas, Volunteer Coordinator at the Humane Society for more info.

Rockland Main Street Needs Volunteers for Festival of Lights

Rockland Main Street is looking for volunteers. Help decorate the wreaths and garlands for Main Street on Monday, November 15th; help deliver Gingerbread Houses and serve cocoa & cookies Friday, November 26; help with the parade set up on Saturday, November 27th. If anyone is interested in volunteering please contact Rockland Maine Street for more information.

Spring Registration is Getting Close

Registration for the spring term opens soon. UMA degree candidates may register on November 8th. Open registration begins November 10. You can build your wish list in Maine Street now! Check here for all campus registration dates. And, check here for a preview of the spring schedule at URock.

Job Notices – Check the Bulletin Board

URock is often contacted by local employers looking to hire. Sometimes it is a strain on a business to conduct a wide scale employee search and so they look to the university as a reliable source of capable, talented employees. If you are job hunting, be sure to check the bulletin board outside of Beverly’s office for postings. We hang notices the minute we get them.

Student Discount Cards

Please pick up your laminated student discount card in the front office. See here for a list of businesses offering discounts.

http://learn.maine.edu/rockland/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif

Latest News & Events

Lip Dub Organizational Meeting 10-28 at Noon

There will be a short organizational meeting about the Lip Dub (fun!) project on Thursday 10-28 at noon in room #414. The meeting is for those who are uncertain More

Info Session on the Honors Program – Oct 29th

At noon on Friday, October 29, Professor Jonathan Schlenker will visit URock for an information session about what it means to be an Honors student. The Honors Program at More

Smoking Cessation – Tues Nov 2 at noon

Take advantage of free, informative workshops on important health topics on Tuesdays this fall term. More

© University College. All rights reserved.
91 Camden Street | Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 596-6906 | Fax: (207) 594-2938

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.