Bath / Brunswick Newsletter

[image: University College]

*Bath / Brunswick <http://learn.maine.edu/bath>***

*Newsletter 10/8/10*

Click here to view in a web browser<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>

*Enjoy your break!*

University College is closed on Monday, *10/11* in observance of the *Columbus
Day* holiday. We are open from 9 am to 5 pm on Tuesday *10/12*.

*Learn about USM’s Graduate Level Teacher Prep Options*

Attend an *Extended Teacher Education Program (ETEP)* information session on
Thursday, *10/14*, at University College in Room 114, from 6 to 8 pm.
Advance sign-up is encouraged; call 1-800-696-2329 or 442-7736.

*Get involved!!*

Attend a *Student
Association<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/about-us/student-association/>
* meeting!

Next meeting: Tuesday, *10/19*, 11:45 am to 12:45 pm.

*Get lucky!*

Win a Simply Divine Brownie Collection and a Starbucks gift certificate by
entering your name in the *Student Association drawing*. The entry forms are
in the lobby and the deadline is: *10/19*, 11:45 am.

*Prepare for Graduate School*

Thinking about pursuing an advanced degree? Not sure where to start? This
workshop can assist you in your preparation for graduate school. Topics
include graduate examinations, choosing the right school for you, and a
preparation timeline.

Thursday, *10/21*, 2:30- 3:30 pm

Register now; email [log in to unmask] or call 442-7736.

*Withdrawal deadline*

The last day to withdraw a UMA class and receive a non-penalty W
(withdrawal) grade and not a WF (withdraw failing) is *10/26*. Deadlines at
the other campuses vary.

*Stay connected!*

Stay tuned in to UCBB news, events and fun through our
*Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bath-ME/University-College-at-BathBrunswick/95070528555?ref=s>
* page. It’s a great place to stay connected with your colleagues!

[image: ucbb wave
logo]<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/files/2010/07/bbc_wave_31.jpg>

[image:
http://learn.maine.edu/bath/wp-content/themes/uc-main/images/newsletter/shadow.gif]

Latest News & Events

*Center Hours 10/11 &
10/12<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/10/08/enjoy-your-break/>
***

University College is closed on Monday, 10/11
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/10/08/enjoy-your-break/>

*Interested in a Teaching Career? Consider
ETEP<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/28/interested-in-a-teaching-career-consider-etep/>
***

Attend an Information Session for ETEP, the Extended Teacher Education
Program, a graduate teacher preparation program on Thursday, October 14,
2010 at University College at Bath/Brunswick.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/28/interested-in-a-teaching-career-consider-etep/>

*Meet-up with a
tutor!<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/09/meet-up-with-a-tutor/>
***

Free and accessible tutoring is available from our skilled and user-friendly
tutoring staff.
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/09/meet-up-with-a-tutor/>

*Stay connected! <http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/08/stay-connected/>***

Get the UCBB events calendar with your UMS Google apps!
More<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/2010/09/08/stay-connected/>

© University College. All rights reserved.
9 Park Street | Bath, ME 04530
(207) 442-7736 or 1-800-696-2329 (in state) | Fax: (207) 442-7737

Having trouble viewing this email? Click
here.<http://learn.maine.edu/bath/newsletter/>