Welcome to the Fall 2010 Semester

MC900204038[1]eptember is full of opportunities and activities! Read on!

Student Activities Survey Please take five minutes to answer six questions about student activities you would like at the Hancock County Higher Education Center.  We need this information so we can offer activities YOU want!  Follow this link to the short survey:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MYG77B8

Science Prerequisites – If you need a credit for high school Biology with lab, or high school Chemistry with lab, RSU 20 Adult Education is offering classes starting September 23rd in Ellsworth.   Programs such as Nursing, Medical Radiography, Medical Lab Technology, Surgical Technology, and Medical Assisting require at least one, and often both, of these high school credits.  Take advantage of this lost-cost opportunity and call 422-4794 today!

Study Groups at the Maine Grind – Study groups not only help you learn, they’re FUN.  This year you can reserve a table at the Main Grind in downtown Ellsworth for your study group.  Discount cards are also available to all our students. See Ann Delaney to set up your group or get a discount card.

Scholarship Garage Sale – Friday, September 24th, 8AM – 4PM, at the Center.  Our annual sale to benefit our scholarship fund is part of the Autumn Gold Days Celebration in Ellsworth. We need DONATIONS and VOLUNTEERS.  Bring your donations to the Center starting Friday, September 10th. (NO clothing donations, please. Call Ann Delaney at 667-3897 or email [log in to unmask] FMI.

Student Association Elections start September 20th, and there will be an information session in Ann Delaney’s office September 9th at 5:30 pm.   The bulletin board in the study area has information sheets and nomination forms.  This is a great opportunity to get involved and contribute – and it will look great on your resume after you graduate!

Best wishes for a great semester.

Bonnie Sparks, Director
Hancock Cnty Higher Ed. Center

248 State St. Suite 1