News Online

+

Click here for graphic format

News Online Header

Quick links

Contact Us

2010-2011 Academic calendar

Join us on Facebook!

Get the latest center news first by becoming a fan of UCBB on Facebook.

New Student Orientation 8/26

Stay current with our events calendar!

Add our UCBB calendar to your UMS Google apps calendar.

ucbb

UNews

August 5 , 2010

divider

Make Peace!

Be sure to check out the Saturday 8/7 Peace Fair on the Brunswick Mall. Susan Bauer, the first recipient of the PeaceWorks Peace Studies scholarship will be sharing her experience taking UM Peace studies coursesIt's an engaging, free event for adults and children.

divider

Learn about Leadership Studies Information Session

People interested in taking on leadership roles in organizations or in communities may want to explore one of the many opportunities offered by the USM’s Leadership and Organizational Studies certificate and degree programs. The overview of their certificates and degree programs. The presentation will be held at University College at Bath/Brunswick on Wednesday, 8/11, from 4-6 pm. Please call 442-7726 to sign-up or email Lisa Whitney.

divider

Register now!

Registration without payment is open and ongoing for fall courses. Beginning 8/15 payment is due for UMA courses when registering. If you have not already registered please call the center to schedule an advising appointment with Lisa Whitney or Dennis Unger.

divider

Tech Upgrades

Work is wrapping up on our summer technology upgrades. The computer labs have brand new computers (much faster!), monitors and printers. You will notice a different login screen and you now need to enter your user name and password when submitting a print job. We have also upgraded the teaching technology in the computer classroom, the onsite classrooms and we have added a third videoconference room.

divider

Got zotero?

Zotero is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, cite, and share your research sources. Thanks to Donna Bancroft, Director of Off-Campus Library Services, for sharing this resource.

divider

Welcome Stephanie!

Please help us welcome to the UCBB staff, Stephanie Burns. Stephanie will be working on an array of initiatives designed to strengthen our learning community and will be particularly focused on helping new and transfer students make a successful transition to college life. Stephanie is a graduate of UMA's Library Information Systems program and is completing her MS in Adult Education through USM.

divider

Help us welcome the new students!

We need your help welcoming the incoming students for the fall semester! Please post your success tips, advice, and words of encouragement for the new students to read on our Facebook page.

divider

Work or volunteer

Interested in a work-study or volunteer position? Each semester a number of students are hired using a federal work-study award through financial aid or volunteer in the UCBB office. If you are interested in exploring options to work please contact Arlene Smith.

divider

Coming soon!

We are hard at work on building a more user-friendly UCBB web site. Stay tuned for an upcoming sneak preview!

divider

University College at Bath/Brunswick

9 Park Street, Bath, ME 04350

(207) 442-7736 or 800-696-2329