Hello, Everyone – I hope you are all enjoying your summer!  I wanted to let you know about an ITV info session that is being held on Wednesday, August 11, from 4:00 – 6:00 PM at the center.  Faculty members from USM’s Leadership & Organizational Studies Program will be discussing the certificate and program requirements and relevant career opportunities.   Many of the courses are offered fully online, and a number of them are offered in a blended format (50% or more online).

ALSO…  Student orientation is being held on Thursday, August 12.  As you can see from the attached flyer, the format has changed this semester.  We are offering two sessions;  daytime (12:00 – 2:00 pm) or evening (5:30 – 7:30 pm).  This orientation is usually held for new students; however, if you will be using Blackboard or the Distance Library Services for the first time, you may want to attend.  Of course, as ever, there will be food and door prizes.  The one catch is that you must RSVP, so we can be sure there is enough food and materials for everyone attending.  To sign up, please email Terry Watson.  Be sure to indicate which session you will be attending and if you will be bringing a guest.

Remember, too, classes begin the week of August 30th

Deanne Grimmig

Administrative Associate

Hancock County Higher Education Center

248 State St., Suite 1