MEGIS hosts a "basemap" web mapping service which feeds the online
"basemap" viewer and is available publicly for any GIS client software.
The basemap viewer is available from http://megis.maine.gov.

We will be updating the basemap service significantly this Friday at
5PM.  Changes will include additional layers, layer name clarifications,
changes in scale thresholds, and annotation of highways with route
numbers markers.  The basemap viewer will also be updated.  Early next
week we will add the basemap WMS to the GeoLibrary/MEGIS web mapping
services page http://www.maine.gov/geolib/wms.htm.

Current users of the basemap viewer or the basemap WMS may find these
products not working correctly Friday night as the changes are taking
place.  All changes should be in place by Saturday morning.

*****************
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS, Maine OIT
Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council

  <http://megis.maine.gov/>   <http://www.maine.gov/geolib>
<http://www.megug.org/>   <http://www.nsgic.org/>

State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
(207) 215-5530

69o 47' 49.5"W   44o 20' 54.5"N

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: