Last night about 60 URock students joined 5,000 others at the Augusta Civic Center for an evening with Maya Angelou.  It was an extraordinary event.  Opening with student readers of Angelou’s poetry and continuing with her singing, storytelling and poetry, the event will last in my heart forever.

Below is a link to today’s article in the KJ as well as a short clip of a UMA student reading Angelou’s poem, “Still I Rise”, and some of the Angelou storytelling from the event.  Enjoy!

http://www.kjonline.com/news/angelou-shares-wisdom-at-uma-event_2010-04-26.html

Deborah Meehan

Director, University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Suite #402

Rockland, Maine 04841

207-596-6906 or 800-286-1594

www.learn.maine.edu/rockland