Rockland News Online

Click Here for a graphic display of this information.

News Online Header

Quicklinks

urock.maine.edu

Contact Us

Registration for Summer and Fall is Open.

Use the Distance Learning Class Search to find the widest range of course offerings throughout .

Check Your To Do's on Maine Street!  Holds on your account will prevent you from registering.

Financial Aid Rep, Joanne Richards, available at URock on Tuesdays

9:00 - 1:00PM.

URock News

April 20 , 2010

What's Up for Summer Onsite Classes?

There's a good selection of summer onsite courses in Rockland. Amy Peterson Cyr's Interpersonal Communications (COM 102) always fills in the fall and spring so grab it this summer. Human Biology (BIO 100) summer class with Vanessa Richards is a good hands-on way to meet a 4-credit lab science requirement.  Teresa Mayo will teach Interviewing and Counseling (PSY 330) in a very interactive format different from the ITV or online sections. David Farmer's Modern Art (ARH 274) will meet a fine arts requirement and involves trips to the Farnsworth Museum as well as practicing artists' studios. A 5-hour studio art class, Watercolor Painting, with Seth Lester will combine indoor and outdoor painting adventures. General education requirements, College Writing (ENG 101) with Audrey Ennamorati and Introduction to Literature (ENG 102W) with Garrett Vail are necessary to complete most degree requirements. Seth Hedgcock will teach Algebra I (MAT 30) and help students get ready for the next math level in the fall.

Taking summer courses can accelerate your way to degree completion.  And, there is financial aid for summer.

divider

One-Act Plays Next Monday

This spring's class of "Play Production" at URock will put on an evening of One-Act plays on Monday, April 26th at 7:30PM. It's free and fun and the talent is outstanding.

divider

May 1st - URock's Graduation Celebration

URock' graduation celebration will be on Saturday, May 1, at 4:00PM for graduates from December 2009 and May 2010.  Adjunct faculty member Steve Moro will be our speaker. (Yes, after all those speech classes....!)  Please RSVP at the URock front desk.  We are also looking for photos for our slide show.  Email a photo of yourself to Dawn Marie at [log in to unmask].

divider

Everything You Need to Know about UMA's Graduation

Click this link to find out all you need to know about UMA's graduation event.

divider

Parking Lot Barbeque! - "Sundae Friday" April 30

The URock Student Association will host an outdoor barbeque called "Sundae Friday" on Friday, April 30, at 5:30PM in our parking lot overlooking the bay.  Bring families (kids, too)! Potluck side dishes.  The SA will provide grills and barbequed foods.  Bring lawn chairs and toss games.  SA will also provide the makings for ice cream sundaes!  Sign up at the front desk so we know how much to buy!

divider

Maya Angelou Event - Pick Up Student Tickets Now!

Student tickets are now available at URock for the Maya Angelou event at the Augusta Civic Center on April 26 at 7:00PM. All Rockland students get ONE free ticket. Stop at the URock front desk to get your ticket! Guest tickets (non-students) are available for $25 by calling 877-862-1234.

divider

Chair Massages Are Back!

The URock Student Association will again sponsor chair massages during finals week beginning May 5th.  Sign ups are at the front desk now.  Take advantage of these professionals.  It's a wonderful way to relax and get centered either before or after an exam.

divider

Student Association Elections

Several students are running for elected offices for the URock Student Association.  These are the folks who will spend your student actrivity fees, arrange for snacks and other fun events.  We appreciate those who are willing to take on these leadership roles.

divider

Summer and Fall Registration Is Open

UMA registration for summer and fall classes is open. Course schedules are available in Maine Street as well as on the URock web site. Click here for other campus' registration dates. Summer registrations require money or confirmation of a financial aid award.  Fall can be completed without payment.

divider

CPR Class at URock

The Student Association will sponsor a CPR class for nursing students and others in health care fields on May 13th at 5:00PM. The class will be held here at URock.  Check back to learn of the costs.  Sign up at the front desk.

divider

Visit URock on Facebook

divider

University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Fourth Floor, Rockland, ME 04841

(207) 596-6906 or 800-286-1594