Rockland News Online

Click Here for a graphic display of this information.

News Online Header

Quicklinks

urock.maine.edu

Contact Us

Registration for Summer and Fall Terms is Open.

Use the Distance Learning Class Search to find the widest range of course offerings.

Check Your To Do's on Maine Street!  Holds on your account will prevent you from registering.

Financial Aid Rep, Joanne Richards, available at URock on Tuesdays

9:00 - 1:00PM.

URock News

April 13 , 2010

Monday, April 19 - Patriot's Day

On Monday, April 19, all classes will be held as usual but it is a staff holiday.  Therefore, the office will be staffed with a skeleton crew.  Some functions like payment and registration may not be available all day so plan ahead!

divider

Expressions Night This Friday! Open Mic!

The URock/UMA Honors Program will sponsor its second Expressions Night this Friday, April 16, at 6:30PM. Come and enjoy an evening of entertainment and refreshments. You'll hear poetry, stories, see original art, watch a dramatic monologue and more! The variety is great!

divider

Summer and Fall Registration Is Open

UMA registration for summer and fall classes is open. Course schedules are available in Maine Street as well as on the URock web site. Click here for other campus' registration dates. Summer registrations require money or confirmation of a financial aid award.  Fall can be completed without payment.

divider

May 1st - URock's Local Graduation Celebration

URock will host a graduation celebration on Saturday, May 1, at 4:00PM for graduates from December 2009 and May 2010.  Adjunct faculty member Steve Moro will be our speaker. (Yes, after all those speech classes....!)  So, dress up and come to celebrate! Please RSVP at the URock front desk.

divider

Grads:  Contribute Photos to the URock Slide Show!

Each year we create a slide show of photos of the Rockland graduates. If you are graduating please email a photo to Dawn Rinehart at [log in to unmask] so you'll be included!  Also, check the bulletin board in the student lounge to be sure you are on the list of grads!

divider

Parking Lot Barbeque! - "Sundae Friday" April 30

The URock Student Association will host an outdoor barbeque called "Sundae Friday" on Friday, April 30, at 5:30PM in our parking lot overlooking the bay.  Bring families (kids, too)! Potluck side dishes.  The SA will provide grills and barbequed foods.  Bring lawn chairs and toss games.  SA will also provide the makings for ice cream sundaes!  Sign up at the front desk so we know how much to buy!

divider

Maya Angelou Event - Pick Up Student Tickets Now!

Student tickets are now available at URock for the Maya Angelou event at the Augusta Civic Center on April 26 at 7:00PM. All Rockland students get ONE free ticket. Stop at the URock front desk to get your ticket! Guest tickets (non-students) are available for $25 by calling 877-862-1234.

divider

Career Workshops - Land the Job You Want!

On Thursday, April 22, over ITV there will be two career workshops to help you land the job you want. From 10 - 11:00AM there will be a session on Writing Resumes and Cover Letters.  On the same day at 11:15 - 12:45 there will be a session on Successful Interviewing.  Sign up for one or both of these free career development sessions.

divider

Pick Up Fall Semester Papers and Projects

Please claim all fall 2009 papers and projects that might be sitting in the front office.  We wil discard them on April 30th!

divider

divider

divider

Visit URock on Facebook

divider

University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Fourth Floor, Rockland, ME 04841

(207) 596-6906 or 800-286-1594