Rockland News Online

Click Here for a graphic display of this information.

News Online Header

Quicklinks

urock.maine.edu

Contact Us

Spring Break Hours:

March 22 - 26.  URock will be open Mon - Fri from 8:00 - 5:30

Create your summer and fall course wish list in Maine Street beginning March 23.

Financial Aid Rep, Joanne Richards, available at URock on Tuesdays

9:00 - 4:00PM.

URock News

March 22, 2010

URock to the State House  - This Wednesday!

We will be guests of our local legislators (Speaker Pingree, Sen Rector, Reps Mazurek, Welsh & Kruger) on Wed., March 24 (over spring break).  We will have a tour of the capitol building led by the head guide, Mr. Fornier, and sit in on legislative sessions in the House and Senate.  Please sign up at the URock front desk so we can arrange car pooling.  Bring money for lunch in the State House cafeteria.

divider

Interested in the Honors Program?

Professor Jon Schlenker will visit Rockland on April 1st from 11 - 12:00 noon to give an overview of the Honor's Program at UMA.  More info will be coming but mark your calendars now.  This is a good chance to hear about the benefits of being an Honors grad.  URock has an active Honors group and is looking for more participation.

divider

Summer and Fall Registration

UMA registration for summer and fall classes will open April 12th for degree candidates. Registration for non-degree candidates will open April 14th. Students may begin to create a wish list of courses from March 23 to April 9. Summer and fall course schedules are available in Maine Street as well as on the URock web site. Click here for other campus' registration dates.

divider

Win a Pair of Free Movie Passes to Flagship

At the front desk there is an entry box for a weekly drawing for two movie passes to the Flagship Cinema in Thomaston.  Drawings are every Friday. Join other winners, Irene Hopkins, Maria Cox and Colleen Conlon.  It's simple.  Just fill out the form and put it in the slot!

divider

Apply for May Graduation

If you expect to graduate from UMA in May then you must APPLY for graduation.  That will trigger the Registrar to certify your academic record.

Go to this the important link on UMA's web site

divider

Maya Angelou - Free Ticket for UMA Students!

Tickets are now on sale for the Maya Angelou event at the Augusta Civic Center on April 26 at 7:00PM. All Rockland students get ONE free ticket. This event is sponsored by the Augusta Student Government Association. Email your name, campus or center location, with MAYA TICKET in the subject line to UMA student life at [log in to unmask]. Tickets will be sent to the Rockland Center for pick up March of 2010.

Guest tickets (non-students) are available for $25.

divider

Save the Date for URock's Graduation Celebration

URock will host a graduation celebration on Saturday, May 1, at 4:00PM for all those graduates from December 2009 as well as May 2010.  This is a wonderful way to share your accomplishments on the local level, with staff, family and friends who helped you get through this milestone.  Mark your calendars.  More details coming soon.

divider

Save Another Date - Sundae Friday

The URock Student Association will host an outdoor barbeque called "Sundae Friday" on Friday, April 30, at 5:30PM in our parking lot overlooking the bay.  Bring families (kids, too)! Potluck side dishes.  The SA will provide grills and barbequed foods.  Bring lawn chairs and toss games.  SA will also provide the makings for ice cream sundaes!

divider

Visit Us on Facebook!

University College at Rockland

91 Camden Street, Fourth Floor, Rockland, ME 04841

(207) 596-6906 or 800-286-1594