Forwarding this for Tora Johnson - please contact her directly for
details...  [log in to unmask]

*****************
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS
Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council

State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
(207) 215-5530

69o 47' 49.5"W 44o 20' 54.5"N

Dear Colleagues, Collaborators and Advisors--

Please join us for the Maine Geospatial Workforce Summit on April 9th
from 9am to 1pm at the Holiday Inn in Waterville. Please RSVP by Friday,

April 2nd, by replying to this email.

The University of Maine at Machias and the University of Southern Maine
have been collaborating on a study of the geospatial technology
education needs of Maine's workforce. The study is funded by the
National Science Foundation. We are happy to report that the focus group

interview and survey phases of the project are complete, and we are
working on a final report which will include recommendations for each of

Maine's educational sectors.

We are writing to invite you to participate in the important process of
developing these recommendations.

At the Maine Geospatial Technology Workforce Summit, we will present the

findings of the study, and in break-out groups, develop recommendations
for inclusion in the report. Your insights and expertise would be very
helpful. This event presents a key opportunity to shape the future of
geospatial technology education in Maine and to learn about ways we can
better serve the needs of the Maine workforce.

We can provide travel stipends for all attendees and cover lodging for
those traveling from afar. Also, if necessary, we can cover the cost of
substitutes for any K12 teachers attending the summit. Snacks and lunch
will be served.

Again, please RSVP by Friday, April 2nd, by replying to this email.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration.

Sincerely,

Tora Johnson, University of Maine at Machias
Charles Colgan, University of Southern Maine
Matthew Bampton, University of Southern Maine

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: