Hancock County Higher Education Center is holding a Preparation & Orientation Workshop for the Praxis I test on March 5 from 9:00 am – 12:00 Noon.

In the State of Maine teachers are required to successfully complete the Praxis I, Pre-Professional Skills Test as well as the appropriate Praxis II Content Knowledge Test.  The Praxis I test is designed to measure basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics.

A Praxis I Test Preparation Workshop will be held on Friday, March 5, 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon at the Hancock County Higher Education Center.  Heather Ball, Education Program Coordinator at University of Maine at Machias, will present an orientation to the Praxis.  Participants will have the opportunity to practice sample test questions, complete a test simulation, and develop study skills and strategies for taking the Praxis I Test.

There will be an overview of the registration process and test selection as well as an orientation to Praxis requirements in the State of Maine.

There is no charge for this workshop or the Praxis preparation materials.  Because space is limited, pre-registration is required.  Either call, 1-800-696-2540 to register, or reply to this email.

This is a great opportunity.  Ms. Ball has presented this workshop before for us, and the students who attended found it very helpful.  The next time the Praxis I exam will be offered is in April 2010.  BE PREPARED!!

Deanne Grimmig

Administrative Associate

Hancock County Higher Education Center

248 State St., Suite 1