Forwarding this important message regarding upcoming MEGUG events.

**********

Michael Smith

Board Member

Maine Library of Geographic Information (GeoLibrary)

January 7, 2010

Happy New Year MEGUG Members and Friends!

I have some good news for folks attending MEGUG events.  You now have the option to pay for conference registrations with a credit card.   The enhanced registration will also pre-fill your form if you are already in our contacts database.  Additional enhancements are in the works.

If you are not yet registered for the MEGUG Winter Meeting, you can give it a try.  If your are registered, but have not sent in your payment, you can re-register and use your credit card if you like.  We will remove the duplicate registrations.  The topic for the Winter Meeting is "GIS for Utilities", and will be held at the Black Bear Inn in Orono on January 22.  You can view the agenda and register for the meeting at the MEGUG website.  We have also allocated space for vendors.  If your company is interested fill out the vendor form on the registration page.  The charge for exhibit space $150.  There is no charge for Gold Sustaining Members who want to exhibit at any MEGUG meeting.   www.megug.org

Planning for three additional events are also underway.

February 5, 2010 - Undergraduate Poster Competition and Job Fair, Augusta Civic Center

March 11, 2010 - MEGUG/MMA Municipal Technology Conference, Augusta Civic Center

June 25, 2010, MEGUG Summer School, Eastland Hotel, Portland.  We plan to host a special social event for MEGUG members on Thursday night.

Contact Aimee Dubois if you would like to volunteer for a presentation at the Municipal Technology Conference or if you have ideas for MEGUG Summer School topics.

Dan

Dan Walters, MEGUG Chair

Geospatial Liaison for Maine
USGS NSDI Partnership Office
196 Whitten Road
Augusta, Maine 04330
207-776-1293

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: