From: Maine GeoLibrary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smith, Michael
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NAIP 2009

Some of you may have heard this and others may not, but USDA is planning on flying all of Maine this summer for another NAIP collect.  Again this will be 1m color data, flown between late June and late August for leaf-on collect.

We have a tremendous opportunity here as well though, as USDA is going to pay for collection of a fourth band, a near-infrared band useful for detecting moisture, vegetation differences, and modeling imperviousness.  Since USDA is paying for the collect, the cost to acquire the data is very low - only the cost of preparing the fourth band, which for Maine is only $77,000 for the whole state.

We will be formulating a plan to put together these funds during the next few months - there is no hurry since the data are being collected regardless.  When we come up with the money then we can get them processed into a usable format.

Michael Smith
State
GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: