Thanks to everyone who responded about WMS services.  Most were in favor of as few URLs as possible.  I am therefore going to make just two URLs for orthos - one for statewide orthos (the existing 'orthos.map' service which will have NAIP 2007, black-and-white DOQs, and eventually the GeoLibrary orthos), and another service for the municipal projects.

Starting Wednesday at 6PM, the black-and-white orthos (the 1996-1998 data from USGS) will be available in the 'orthos' map service, the URL remains the same:

http://geolibportal.maine.gov/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos.map&

The NAIP 2007 data will also continue to be served from this same URL with no changes.

I also have put up the first of several municipal ortho projects in a separate municpal orthos WMS:
http://geolibportal.maine.gov/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos_muni.map&

This first one is the Spring 2008 Augusta/Manchester aerial photos.  I have "in the pipe" the 2007 York County ones to be completed this week.

Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS

----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: