From: Maine GeoLibrary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Daniel H Walters
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tax Maps - any format

Kelly et al.,

Currently, you need to contact LURC directly for the UT parcels.

You can download parcel data for the towns receiving Geolibrary grants
(see list below) at the MEGIS data catalog
http://megis.maine.gov/catalog/catalog.asp?state=2&extent=town#parcels
Please bear in mind these files have not been updated since the town
delivered the data.

You can view these parcels on the Geolibrary aerial photoviewer
http://megisims.state.me.us/website/orthomap/viewer.htm

Cape Elizabeth 	Anson
Casco 	Auburn
Ellsworth 	Bath
Falmouth 	Biddeford
Freeport 	Bridgton
Gorham 	Brooksville
Gray 	Casco
Islesboro 	Castle Hill
Jackson 	Chapman
New Gloucester 	Cumberland
North Yarmouth 	Denmark
Norway 	Fort Kent
Oxford 	Harrison
Paris 	Kittery
Raymond 	Madawaska
Rockport 	Mapleton
Rumford 	Mariaville
South Portland 	Raymond
Thorndike 	Skowhegan
Unity 	Stonington
Woodstock 	Sweden
  	Verona
  	Woodland
  	Yarmouth
Arrowsic 	Clifton
Bethel 	Phippsburg
Bowdoin 	Whiting
Bowdoinham
China
Dover-Foxcroft
Friendship
Hermon
Lincoln
Levant
Lovell
Lyman
Ogunquit
Readfield
Richmond
Saco
Searsmont
Searsport
South Berwick
Standish
Topsham
Turner
Vassalboro
Waldoboro
West Bath
Winslow

Kelly Bellis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>

10/27/2008 03:58 PM
Please respond to
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Tax Maps - any format

Presently - or at least as far as I can find - there isn't any place to
download tax maps - in any format - for unorganized territories (see
here
<http://www.maine.gov/revenue/propertytax/unorganizedterritory/taxmap.ht
m>  for what's available). And tax maps for municipalities are slowly
becoming available from towns and other municipalities - generally in
pdf, while other towns may not even have a website.

I'd love to see available from the Geo-Library, tax maps - in any format
- along with a database of land owner information; e.g., Book and page
deed references, Map and lot references and owners' contact information
for all towns and unorganized territories - or at least those towns
willing to participate in making such information available.

If nothing else, could we please get a page/ downloadable file on the
website listing links to towns that presently have such information
already available?

What steps are needed to implement these suggestions?

Kind regards,

Kelly

V. Kelly Bellis, PLS 2099
Horizon Surveying Company, Inc. <http://home.gwi.net/surveyor/horizon>