Dan,

Any more grant opportunities?

Dan L

From: Maine GeoLibrary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Daniel H Walters
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tax Maps - any format

Kelly et al.,

Currently, you need to contact LURC directly for the UT parcels.

You can download parcel data for the towns receiving Geolibrary grants (see list below) at the MEGIS data catalog
http://megis.maine.gov/catalog/catalog.asp?state=2&extent=town#parcels
Please bear in mind these files have not been updated since the town delivered the data.

You can view these parcels on the Geolibrary aerial photoviewer
http://megisims.state.me.us/website/orthomap/viewer.htm

Cape Elizabeth

Anson

Casco

Auburn

Ellsworth

Bath

Falmouth

Biddeford

Freeport

Bridgton

Gorham

Brooksville

Gray

Casco

Islesboro

Castle Hill

Jackson

Chapman

New Gloucester

Cumberland

North Yarmouth

Denmark

Norway

Fort Kent

Oxford

Harrison

Paris

Kittery

Raymond

Madawaska

Rockport

Mapleton

Rumford

Mariaville

South Portland

Raymond

Thorndike

Skowhegan

Unity

Stonington

Woodstock

Sweden

Verona

Woodland

Yarmouth

Arrowsic

Clifton

Bethel

Phippsburg

Bowdoin

Whiting

Bowdoinham

China

Dover-Foxcroft

Friendship

Hermon

Lincoln

Levant

Lovell

Lyman

Ogunquit

Readfield

Richmond

Saco

Searsmont

Searsport

South Berwick

Standish

Topsham

Turner

Vassalboro

Waldoboro

West Bath

Winslow

Kelly Bellis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>

10/27/2008 03:58 PM

Please respond to
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject

Tax Maps - any format

Presently - or at least as far as I can find - there isn't any place to download tax maps - in any format - for unorganized territories (see here for what's available). And tax maps for municipalities are slowly becoming available from towns and other municipalities - generally in pdf, while other towns may not even have a website.

I'd love to see available from the Geo-Library, tax maps - in any format - along with a database of land owner information; e.g., Book and page deed references, Map and lot references and owners' contact information for all towns and unorganized territories - or at least those towns willing to participate in making such information available.

If nothing else, could we please get a page/ downloadable file on the website listing links to towns that presently have such information already available?

What steps are needed to implement these suggestions?

Kind regards,

Kelly

V. Kelly Bellis, PLS 2099
Horizon Surveying Company, Inc.