This listserv is designed to provide periodic news updates to the University College at Bath/Brunswick community.

Welcome to the fall 2008 semester at University College at Bath/Brunswick. I hope your semester is off to a successful start.

Lower your stress level by attending a Math Anxiety Workshop on Tuesday September 23, from 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Check out the entire free College Success Workshop series at http://www.learn.maine.edu/pdf/umaworkshopsfall08.pdf.

Share your talents by becoming a "College for Kids" instructor. Over the years many of our students have contributed to the success of this Saturday afternoon venture targeting 1st through 6th graders. It's a perfect opportunity to practice your own curriculum design and teaching skills. Check out the details online and please contact us by 9/26: http://www.learn.maine.edu/pdf/outreachflyer.pdf

Please welcome Theresa Aiello who has joined our staff for the fall semester as a Student Services Intern; she will work especially with new students. She is a graduate student in the USM Adult Education program and can be reached at [log in to unmask].

As a pilot, most ITV courses are now videostreamed (not videotaped). Open Internet Explorer and log in to Blackboard at www.courses.maine.edu. Please note that ITV class attendance policies have not changed. Read each class's videostreaming policies at http://www.learn.maine.edu/bath/course_guide.php

To sign off this list: Please send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type: signoff uc_bathbrun (Note that there is a space between signoff and the list name.)

Dennis Unger
University College at Bath/Brunswick
Midcoast Center for Higher Education
9 Park Street