From: Maine GeoLibrary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Davis, Greg
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Planning Project Update

Good List, however I would like to mention that from my preliminary review of the E911 centerlines and MEDOT centerlines in comparison to centerline of 2 most widely used sources (NAVTEQ and TELEATLAS) for street data in comparison or overlaid to Google Earth.  I have found that there is a lot of mismatch between Google and our local (E911 & MEDOT) sources.

Has anyone else seen this?  What source is considered to be correct or mostly correct?

All your input would be appreciated as I’m under a task of developing a new state landbase and then there is addressing, not address ranges.  That is another question that can wait, but address ranges without knowing what that towns standard (50, 100’, or 200’) becomes very difficult to determine.  Then you have towns that have their parcel data with addressing posted to their websites, but we don’t have access to that data from the state website.

All input and suggests are welcome.

Thanks,

Greg Davis

Time Warner Cable

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping Time Warner Cable be environmentally responsible.