Bruce Oswald has prepared a preliminary priority list for the project
team.  After our review, It is Bruce's intention to review this at the
next Board meeting.  It addresses data needs as well as communications,
coordination etc.  This should be factored into the preliminary
discussions for bonding.....Dan

"Smith, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>
08/26/2008 08:45 AM
Please respond to
Maine GeoLibrary <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Bond funds PDQ

I spoke with Dick Thompson yesterday regarding the legislation we proposed
(regarding the federal represenative), he will include it in this year's
submittal.
However, he also asked if we were going to submit a bond request this
year.  At this time we only have to submit an intent to file a request, so
he is going to do that.  It requires no detail. BUT we have a short time
table to put together details if we are going to make a request this year.
 If we don't make a request this year, it is TWO YEARS before we can do so
again.  The dates are:
October 3 - CIO has to provide preliminary draft language to the
governor's office
October 24 - final language due
That means that at our next meeting we need to approve the draft language
- including funding estimates and what we want to fund - to get them to
Dick by Oct 3.  And then we would need to approve any changes at the
October meeting.
I suggest we take a preliminary look at the survey results that Sewall has
prepared, and draft something up before the September meeting.
Is there a Board committee looking into this?  If not I can coordinate the
effort and get something together ASAP.  Please let me know if you are
interested in participating.  We can vet this via email before the
September meeting.
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS