Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'd guess football would be one of the worst, because the season ends
> early in the school year, and once the season's over you don't even have
> the incentive of staying eligible.  And unlike hockey, there is no real
> non-college alternate path to the pros.

I thought about football but then discounted it for one big reason: the
size of the roster. There are so many players on the squad that I should
think most of them, even the dimmer ones, would realise that they have
0% chance of a career in the pros. Therefore, they try to enjoy the
experience but also go through the motions academically as well.

cheers,

Henry