Susan Hayward asked me to post this for her:

I just found Euonymus europeus growing in a vacant lot behind my house
that the whole neighborhood uses as an organic dump for yard waste.  It
is a steep gully with a wetland at the bottom, clay soil, and lots of
invasives.  This specimen is pretty mature, thick woody stem, somewhat
vining.  Of course, the hot pink (in mid-November) seed capsule caught
my eye.  Very pretty.  What is it's status in Maine?  Dwelley lists it
as escaped and uncommon.  Invasive?  I'd like to try it in my garden.
thanks,
Susan