Jim Dixon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I frequently watch/listen to games, both hockey and now baseball on a
> delayed basis.  I find the knowledge of the score a detriment to my
> listening pleasure. After all once I know the score, I generaly skip the
> hours I would ehjoy listening to the game and go straight for the boxscore
> or highlights.

Well, I'm with Carole on this. In fact, I find the score in the subject
line not only unobjectionable, but a positive good.

No offense, Jim, but I had to chuckle at your comment about baseball. I
personally think baseball is the second-most boring game in the world to
watch (after only golf) because for so much of the time NOTHING happens.
My friends who are baseball fans tell me that those are actually the
_best_ games -- "pitchers' duel" is the expression they use -- but I
just can't see it. So your 'the hours I would enjoy listening to the
game' of nothingness seems like Zen in its inscrutability. Do you like
fishing too? And it makes no difference whether or not you catch any
fish? Fair play, you are a true philosopher.     :-)

cheers,

Henry