Hey James!  You’re kind of hard on UNH aren’t you?

I LOVE IT!

GO BLUE!!!   BEAT BC!!!

From: The Maine Hockey Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of james acheson
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Maine lands Minnesota D recruit

hmmmm... as I read (past tense) the little histories of some of our current boys, I think I remember reading that many of them were league leading scorers back in the day.  I was told that Billy Ryan was a 70-something point scorer at Cushing... more points than Bourque or Mac Arthur... Also, I was told that ROb Bellamy was the go-to gut on the Coyotes last year when they needed a goal.  There are other examples of league leading this and that... but if Tim will not release the hounds, these guys are not gonna rack up the points at Maine (my opinion).

A couple points that I have been pondering about the way TIm conducts business.

He plays the freshmen I think more than Shawn used to.  A lot more.  THis pays huge dividends at the end of the year, but does not look great at the beginning of the year.

Also, I kindof wonder if Tim tries to get the guys to play playoff, tight checking, very defensive hockey ALL SEASON so that come playoff time, they can beat the Hell out of, e.g. UNH, who has NO IDEA how to play a tight game and win it, not this year against BU and not in the 1999 championship game against Peter Metcalf and Steve Kariya.

Here's looking forward to this weekend... see you at the Fleet!!!

"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks to the Lundin family also who no doubt had not a passing interest in
other players from that town.

However, that being noted, might I ask a question:

WHERE ARE THE SCORERS ?

I can truly appreciate the WalshWhiteBrook mantra about building a winning
team from the crease out, but it would be nice to see a few gunners mixed in
amongst the recruits.

We do have to try to deposit a few of the biscuits now and again in the
opponent's nets, in order for W's.

Dan (yeah, that's my first name)

james acheson <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>someone must tell his budies good things.
>
>we used to have such a tunnel to ALberta with Reg Cardinal and Alfi
Michaud, as I remember....

>and we REALLY had a nice tunnel to North Vancouver BC... 4 KAriyas!!! only
one of them forgot to bring skates.

Do you Yahoo!?