I always got the impression that the votes were for “expected performance” of the team considering recently played games as well as players, coaching, and past record.  Anyone know for sure what the voting criteria actually are?

From: james acheson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New USCHO Poll Maine #6

well this voter might have been looking at a bigger picture.... where Jimmy actually plays to his potential... but I think that it is more like a "fan" not wanting to vote for his real favorite so as not to jinx the favorite.... I cannot think of a rational reason to vote for Maine over North Dakota at all right now.

and I think that the votes should be for RIGHT NOW, who is the best.

Jim

Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Someone actually gave Maine a first-place vote!! Wow.

-Deron

--- Anthony DelMonaco <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> USCHO.com/CSTV Division I Men's Poll
> October 11, 2004
6 Maine (1) 1-2-0

Do you Yahoo!?