In a message dated 12/29/2003 2:06:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

"Maine, which had nine players miss Friday's only practice after being
stranded by weather in Philadelphia, will face Vermont Sunday at 2 p.m. in
Portland."

Granted, it was in the final paragraph of the story, but I seriously hope
the team is NOT using this circumstance as some sort of excuse (even
partially) for the caliber of play which led to two weekend losses.

Not only was the comment in the final paragraph in the story, it was NOT attributed to anyone.  To the best of my knowledge, neither Tim nor any of the players have said that travel difficulties contributed to the two losses.