From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent
:
Monday, December 15, 2003 2:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The real problem is not the disallowed goal

If the standard for reviewing a TV replay is that it has to show that the referee's call was incorrect, then Andrews' call should stand.  Looking at the replay, it seemed to me that the Maine defenseman was trying to keep the Dartmouth player out of the crease area, and that the Dartmouth player went into the crease as he was trying to get away from the Maine D-man.

Incidentally, if you look at the replay closely, it's pretty clear that the crease violation took place with three or four seconds to go, not one, but it took several seconds for the clock to be stopped.