Well I told my UNH work mate about what the No Hardware thing is all about.  All you Maine fans out there will be glad to know that he hung his head and then thanked me for driving the stake through his heart.  Then he said he had to go and sulk for awhile.  I thanked him for telling me about the sulking because it made my day!  ( He did have to laugh at that though.)

GooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!  BLUE!

Clair

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Woodbury [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: University of No Hardware

Spoken like a true engineer.

Actually, it is a National Championship trophy.

Chesley, Clair wrote:

While I like the University of No Hardware name for my least favorite hockey
team, and while I enjoy calling it that when I talk to my workmate who is a
UNH alumnus and hockey fan, and while I greatly enjoy his displeasure, I'm
not really sure what it means.  I have a general idea of course but if
someone could shed some light I'd appreciate it.  When he pressed me for a
definition the only thing that came to mind was that it meant a certain lack
in the size of certain spherical body parts.

Clair Chesley, P.E.
Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
Professional Services Division
Bureau of General Services