James,

How fast is your internet connection?

-----Original Message-----
From: james acheson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:
Tuesday, September 16, 2003 12:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New HE Television Deal?

Well, like I said, if the quality of the signal is choppy like it was last few times, I am not even watching if it is free, I will listen to the broadcast over netradio.

"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If this technology proves successful and ALL Maine games are broadcast this way
> what will the effect be on attendance? I can see families staying home to watc
> the Bears for only $14.95 rather than paying $17+ each, plus Pat's, plus Bear
> Necessities, etc, etc......just wondering......

Pay-per-view would have to be wildly successful in order for WABI-TV to
offer it on a game without live TV (and its revenue).

My guess is that WABI's pay-per-view per game costs are tightly bound to
the number of subscribers, thereby minimizing risk. Do they need 100
PPV subscribers to break even ... I don't know. I do know that even at
$15 a pop, they would need a lot of PPV subscribers to pay production
costs for a game.

So, how many people are there that drive to Alfond regularly, but don't
get WABI-TV ... and would want to pay! $15 for a much less than TV
quality signal?

WABI is betting on an audience ... my guess it will be primarily from "away".

Your thoughts, ME-Hockey? cheers, wayne

Do you Yahoo!?