I followed it back to Sordello. It's been 40 years since I read it, but
I remember it as a delightful poem. There is an interesting anecdote
concerning it (true or not I don't know, and I don't remember even where
I picked it up). Some gentleman back in the 19th century became very
ill, and for several days while hospitalized he was delerious. When he
came back to himself there was a pile of books left at his bedside table
by a friend. The first one he picked up was Sordello, which he had never
heard of. After reading a few lines he frantically called for the nurse.
He feared he was losing his mind.

Carrol