> From: Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>

> Finally, in response to Nonni's earlier post - even though we've never
met,
> you know me all too well.  I jumped to my feet when I heard Rudy Vallee
> singing the first few bars of the Stein Song. ... Not bad for a
> gal who went to a "wimpy school without a hockey team"

So did I -- graduating from UMaine BEFORE hockey!  When I moved back to
Maine for a while in the late 80s, I was just amazed by the difference in
the general feeling of pride on campus.  And I totally embarrassed my
then-adolescent son by jumping to my feet and singing loudly (and alone) at
the Bangor Shrine Circus when the band played the Stein Song.

Barbara Jean Walsh
Sunrise Beach, Missouri