“Whatinell is going on?”….

I was wondering the same thing when I first started reading all these
“Maine” messages about Pound and around Pound, in the last few months.
Not sure I understood everything that was discussed, but sure that Pound
would have loved it, including the typos and weird signs from Tokyo.

Monsieur White, what question exactly have you been trying to answer for
the last 52
years?  “Whatinell is going on?”…. Why Pound ended up in “Loony Jail”?

I am also interested to know how Pound actually got OUT!  Some books
mention Frost, others MacLeish, but nobody really seems to be interested
in details for that part of his journey.

I have another set of questions, that some of you may also be able to
answer, regarding Pound and the Nobel Prize.  Should he/could he have
been a candidate?  Was he?  If so, why didn’t he get the Prize?

Marie-Noelle Little