At 05:20 PM 22/03/02 -0500, R.Gancie/C.Parcelli wrote:
>There's a certain desperation in the Neo-Formalist camp that
>is akin to the Langpos. They want acceptance at the
>imaginative level but they have produced no viable canon of
>work.

There are of course very fine living poets who write
(at least occasionally) in formal structure: Vikram
Seth and Derek Walcott come to mind.  I'm not aware
of any instances of these artists expressing an opinion
that they have a monopoly on the One True Form, nor
are they prone to fling epithets such as "degeneracy".

There's a lesson here.  -Tim